At the end of May, three LeaseQ employees, Vernon Tirey, Brett Rondeau, and Pat O’Connor, attended the 2018 National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago. This year’s show was the largest in its 99-year history and brought together more than 65,000 professionals in the foodservice industry, with all 50 states and over 110 countries represented. We came away excited to see that equipment was a big and growing part of the Show. Below are some other key takeaways and trends the LeaseQ team noticed:
- – An increase in technology being implemented into foodservice
- – One of the most interesting applications of technology seen at the show was from a company called Bear Robotics. They have robots serving food at a fast-casual restaurant and have since seen an increase in value for their customers and employees.
- – An increase in international presence
- – With over 110 countries represented, there was more of an international presence among attendees, exhibitors and even dining options at the show.
- – An emphasis on organic and “hyper-local” meats and vegetables
- – A focus on food waste reduction and “going green” across the industry
- – More and more delivery companies, food trucks, and breweries were dominating the floor
Overall, the show was a great experience and the LeaseQ team was excited to be a part of it. If you’re in the foodservice or restaurant industries and are interested in financing equipment, please don’t hesitate to give us a call: (781) 281-2436.